Arm yourself with ID theft education & proactive services
When a person pretends to be you, it’s called “identity theft.” There are ways to prevent this, and we want to help.
If you lose your credit card/debit card or if you notice fraudulent charges after hours, call us immediately at 800-888-7882 and choose option #1. Then choose option #0. Report lost/stolen checks after hours, as soon as possible by calling 800-269-7070. Document the fraudulent activity that you’ve discovered. This helps the case progress more smoothly once you’re in contact with a fraud specialist.
What We’ll Do
- Review the account to assure transactions completed were initiated by you
- Restrict or close affected account(s). For your protection, restrictions may require an additional level of identification in a branch.
- Place “stop payments” on stolen/lost checks
- We can assist with setting up a new account ensuring good checks already drafted by you will be paid through new account and/or redirecting any direct deposits, automatic payments, or transfers to new account
- Block affected cards and order new cards
- Provide you with a Loss Prevention Checklist
Services Available to Eligible Checking Account Holders
Eligible Checking accounts include Premium Rewards Checking, Essential Checking, Rewards Checking and Rewards Plus Checking accounts.
Eligible account holders (and their household members1 ) have FREE access to various ID theft resolution services – provided by CyberScout. Identity theft and fraud can sometimes take years to resolve. If you’re a victim, you don’t have to go it alone. Our resolution services include services like unlimited assistance from a fraud specialist, systematic notifications to creditors and government agencies, assistance filing police reports, credit monitoring, and so much more! Learn more about our Checking Accounts.
Fraud & ID theft resolution assistance (including medical identity theft)
Contact us immediately if you notice…
- unauthorized withdrawals from an account.
- unauthorized charges.
- …something else that indicates your identity/accounts are being used inappropriately.
Preventative Services for Many of Life’s Changes that Could Leave You Vulnerable
Contact us when you…
- are deploying, or being called to active-duty service.
- lose a wallet.
- suffer a burglary at your property.
- learn that an organization you deal with has had a security breach.
- experience a natural disaster and need help restoring important documents.
- respond to a potential phishing/smishing/vishing attempt.
- are getting married and need marriage license requirements, name changes, or creditor notifications.
- suffer the loss of a spouse or other immediate family member and need help protecting the deceased’s credit, notifying credit issuers, inquiring about death benefits associated with accounts, etc.
- notice someone looking over your shoulder while you use an ATM or computer.
- …have other questions about suspicious or potentially fraudulent activity.
All Members Can Access CyberScout’s Website
All members are invited to access this website, powered by CyberScout2. ID Theft Resolution Services are provided by CyberScout, and do not reimburse for any financial losses. This is not an insurance product. The scope of the ID theft resolution services consists of proactive/preventative services, educational information, and fraud/identity theft resolution. It’s updated daily, and it features helpful information about the latest scams and how to avoid them, database breach notifications, and more. CyberScout also includes:
- Preventative tips
- News alerts regarding the latest scams
- Newsletters that provide insight into the crime of identity theft
- Access to important internet resources
Learn How to Protect Yourself From Identity Theft and Other Scams
1Services are only available, at no charge, to Vantage West Eligible Checking Account holders, and anyone living in the eligible account holder’s immediate household including children through age 23 who are away at college as full-time students. All those who qualify for these services as described here are referred to as “Eligible Checking account holders” on this page.
2ID Theft Resolution Services are provided by CyberScout, and do not reimburse for any financial losses. This is not an insurance product. The scope of the ID theft resolution services consists of proactive/preventative services, educational information, and fraud/identity theft resolution.