Small Business Administration (SBA)
Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) Update on Loan Forgiveness
Page Last Updated: 10/14/2020
We continue to update this page as new information becomes available from the SBA. Please check back often.
If you received your SBA Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) loan through Vantage West Credit Union, you should also apply for loan forgiveness through Vantage West Credit Union. Our role will be to collect your documentation and submit it to the SBA for their decision. We understand that loan forgiveness for your PPP loan is important to you, and we are committed to supporting you through the request for forgiveness process.
Between October 2020 and January 2021, look for our email inviting you to apply for loan forgiveness. You will receive the email based on the date you received your SBA PPP loan proceeds, or the readiness due date you provided to us on the survey we sent you.
Here are steps to help you prepare ahead to submit your loan forgiveness application once you receive our email invitation.
Step 1: Prepare and review helpful tips
- View our FAQs for more details about SBA PPP Loan Forgiveness.
- Collect the recommended supporting documents.
- You should request forgiveness only after you have spent all the funds that are eligible for forgiveness.
- We will occasionally communicate with you through your message center in online banking. Please continue to check the message center for communications related to your loan.
- Continue to visit sba.gov for the most up to date guidelines.
Step 2: Apply via email link
- We will send you an email with an online application link to apply for forgiveness. The loan forgiveness application link will be sent to you between October 2020 and January 2021, based on the readiness date you provided us in your survey response or based on when you received your SBA PPP funds. You have 10 months after the end of your covered period to apply.
- Once you start your online application, you will be able to save and return to it later.
- Wait to submit your PPP loan forgiveness application until after you have collected and uploaded all required documents.
Step 3: Submit Application
- Once you submit your application, you will receive an email confirmation with a copy of the submitted documents for your records.
- We will review your completed PPP loan forgiveness application along with the supporting documents you have provided.
- If additional information or documentation is needed, we will send you an email notification stating your application requires attention. You will be able to update your application or provide the additional documentation through the email application link.
- Once your application and supporting documentation is complete, Vantage West will forward it to the SBA for their decision.
- The Small Business Administration (SBA) has up to 90 days to make a decision on your forgiveness application.
Step 4: SBA confirmation
- We will notify you about the SBA’s decision once the SBA informs us of their decision on your application for loan forgiveness.
We will periodically update this information; Members are responsible for checking and understanding updates to this page throughout the forgiveness process. In the event of any discrepancies between the information on this site and the SBA’s site, please follow the official SBA guidance.