This blog was contributed by Vantage West’s 2018-19 Marketing and Communications intern, Arianna (San Miguel High School) , in honor of “Encourage a Young Writer Day.” We are proud to support local schools and students, and appreciate the asset Arianna is to our team.
When you first start your own business, you have a lot of research to do. You work hard and invest a lot of time and money. If you’re a business owner, maybe you’ve been trying very hard but you haven’t seen your business experience growth lately. You have the paperwork and business part down, but you haven’t quite got the creative part down, which is the most exciting part of owning any business. You’re the boss. Now make it your own. It’s time to put your creative mind to work! Below are some creative approaches to help you get your business thriving.
There are a lot of people on social media, both in your community and around the world. Why not take advantage of this?
- Have fun with it.
- Get creative on social media.
- Don’t just post about your business. People want to see other things as well. They want to get to know the employees on a deeper level and experience the culture behind-the-scenes.
- Think outside the box. No idea is bad!
- Post content that other businesses haven’t posted yet.
- Host giveaways.
- By promoting giveaways, on social media, your business will get exposure to help it start growing faster.
- Creating giveaways online is more efficient, than holding them in your actual location.
- Organizing official rules and establishing an Excel sheet or document of all your giveaways can keep you always in compliance with social media sites. Hosting giveaways can increase your page’s popularity, leading to Boosted follower numbers.
- Make giveaways fun! Think about what your consumers would want to win.
- Promote your business.
- This is where people are going to see what your business is all about.
- Post something that no one has ever seen before.
Every business has a theme or style. Some companies’ logos earn popularity. For other businesses, their brand colors are memorable. Consumers are always looking for detail in your business, especially when it comes to your design. Style and theme should always try to catch the attention of consumers/viewers and make them want to learn more.
- Dull and dark colors are most likely to make your consumer scroll immediately away from your website, social media, etc.
- Business card.
- Be super creative.
- Make your business card stand out.
- Add a twist.
- Don’t be like other businesses that having boring plain cards.
- Don’t copy other businesses.
- Make it your own.
- Depending on your industry, you’ll want to match your style/theme.
- Put your taste into it.
- Make it so unique that no one has ever seen anything like it before.
- Be very professional and creative at the same time.
Promotional Items and Swag:
People love receiving swag! Who doesn’t like to get things for free? It’s an easy fun way to boost your business. There are a lot of creative things that you can do with swag or promotional items.
- Focus on making your swag consistent with the style or theme of your business.
- For example, if your business is a beauty line, you can give out lipstick keychains, stress balls in the shape of lipsticks, fluffy pens, etc.
- Always think outside the box with your swag, because again, you want to stand out from other businesses.
Your Purpose, Your Future:
- A lot of decision making goes into creating a successful business. Ask yourself, how can my company make a difference in my community and the whole world? Successful companies follow a mission that benefits society as well as themselves. They make sure their organization is not just out to make a buck. They have a long-term vision to fulfill that sense of purpose, which tends to lead to prosperity. These companies nowadays capture my generation’s attention.