A Letter to Our Members
This message was emailed to Vantage West Members on March 19, 2020. As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to change regularly, we are constantly updating VantageWest.org/HealthAlert with the newest information. We will not be updating this individual post. Please check VantageWest.org/HealthAlert consistently.
Together, we are facing a truly unprecedented time. The COVID-19 pandemic is affecting all of our lives, families, and communities.
Our thoughts go out to those who are affected by the coronavirus, whether directly or indirectly. For those who are ill, our hearts are with you and we send our wishes for a complete and speedy recovery. To the healthcare professionals, first responders, grocery store employees and suppliers, and countless others including our own Associates (employees) who are working in various roles to keep essential services available, we thank you for your selflessness.
As an essential service, your Credit Union remains committed to supporting our Members, communities, and fellow Associates. At the same time, we continue to closely follow guidance from the National Institutes of Health, Centers for Disease Control, and the Arizona Department of Health Services.
We’re Here to Help
We’ve waived some fees and modified products and services to relieve as much financial burden as possible on our affected Members.
• We are waiving Skip-a-Pay service fees on consumer loans, subject to eligibility. Skip-a-Pay is available within online and mobile banking by selecting “More.”
• Additionally, we are committed to working with impacted Members facing other loan repayment challenges. Contact a Member Service Representative at 855.751.7003 to discuss potential hardship assistance options.
• We are waiving loan pay-by-phone fees for eligible Members.
• We are waiving early CD withdrawal penalty fees for up to $5,000 per Member per month.
• As a reminder, if you have a Vantage West consumer credit card, you can access your available cash advance line with no cash advance fee.
• We have extended the 2020 scholarship application deadline.
We’re Approaching Member Service with Health Precautions
With the dynamic nature of this pandemic, we are continually evaluating and developing strategies to protect the health of our Members, Associates, and communities while focusing on delivering exceptional Member service. At this time, we are making the following modifications:
• We are limiting Member occupancy in our branches to no more than ten Members at any time. This may at times create Member queueing outside. We apologize in advance for this safety-motivated inconvenience.
• From Friday, March 20 through Monday, March 23, certain branch lobbies will be closed temporarily as we test serving Members via drive-thrus only. For more information on specific branch closures, please visit VantageWest.org/HealthAlert.
• Beginning Saturday, March 21, from 9:00–10:00 am daily, we will limit lobby service to Members 60 years or older and those with a pre-existing health risk. During that hour, drive-thrus (where available) will remain open to all Members.
• We are taking additional measures to help Members and Associates maintain their six-foot “social distance” inside our branches.
• We will continue to politely decline handshakes and use gloves while handling currency.
• Member-facing surfaces in branches and drive-thru tubes are being cleaned every 30 minutes.
• We encourage Members to use remote communication channels, including online or mobile banking, online chat, and our automated phone service (PhoneBank) at 520.751.7070, or to call us at 800.888.7882. Please visit VantageWest.org/Contact for a full list of our contact options.
• As we all work together, we appreciate your patience and kindness during times of increased call and chat volume.
• If you need to spend time talking with a Member Service Representative about a particular financial need or concern, please call 800.888.7882 to schedule an appointment.
We’re Committed to You
Vantage West has served Members since 1955. We remain fiscally sound, and we currently hold a five-star rating from Bauer Financial. As a not-for-profit financial cooperative, our top priority remains to help our Members, communities, and Associates achieve and maintain financial wellness.
Additionally, Members’ funds are insured up to $250,000 per Member by the National Credit Union Administration, an agency of the Federal government.
Please be aware that scammers are taking advantage of the COVID-19 pandemic. We recommend visiting the Federal Trade Commission’s website to learn about specific scams to watch for. As a reminder, if you receive any call, text message, email, or other communication requesting your PIN, account details, or personal information, hang up and call us at 800.888.7882.
For your benefit, we have established a webpage that includes information regarding COVID-19 prevention tips, wellness guidelines, and our latest service updates.
We thank you for your Membership. We’re all in this together and working together, we will prevail and thrive. We will keep you updated as circumstances evolve. We remain committed to you.
Your Vantage West Team
Some products and services are subject to approval. Certain restrictions may apply. All loan modifications subject to Member eligibility and Credit Union approval.