Touch ID is a simple, secure way for users to access Apple devices and apps using built-in, fingerprint-sensor technology. No need to type a password — your fingerprint is all you need.
Use Touch ID with these devices.
- iPhone 5s • iPhone 6 • iPhone 6 Plus
Here’s how to set up Touch ID on your iPhone.
- Settings > Touch ID & Passcode
- Select “Turn Passcode On” and enter a 4-digit passcode twice
- Select Fingerprints > Add a fingerprint…
- Place the finger you wish to use for unlocking iOS onto the HOME button
- When the iPhone vibrates, lift your finger
- Repeat steps 5-6 multiple times, until the grey fingerprint turns completely red
- When complete, you’ll be prompted to adjust your grip
- Again, repeat steps 5-6 repeatedly, this time focusing on the sides of your fingerprint
- After enough data is collected, you will see the “Success” message
- Touch “Continue”
- “iPhone Unlock” will be enabled on the Touch ID & Passcode screen
Once your iPhone’s Touch ID has been set up, access the Vantage West mobile app.
- When the app opens, log in with your credentials.
- You will be prompted to log in with Touch ID instead of your Username and Password.
- Click “Use Touch ID.”
- You will be prompted to verify your identity. Place your fingerprint on the Home button.
- Once your fingerprint has been verified, you’ll get an “Enablement Complete” message.
NOTE: Additional fingerprints can be added to the Touch ID system by repeating the process above. However, with our mobiles apps, you can only enable one fingerprint per device.