Before you go, let us know.
Whether you’re summer-vacation bound or heading out for a business trip – have peace of mind. Due to a recent increase fraudulent activities, PLEASE CALL (520) 298-7882 to notify us when you are leaving, where you are going, and when you plan to return home. It will help us from unnecessarily freezing your account due to inconsistent spending patterns.
Verify account balances, due dates, credit limits, and card expirations.
- Log in to Online Banking on your desktop or via our mobile app before you take off to become familiar with its features.
- If you have Premium, ValuFirst, or Student Advantage Checking Accounts, you can pay your bills while you’re away using BillPay .
- Members who have Online Banking can sign up to receive email/text alerts.
- If you haven’t switched to eStatements yet, it’s a smart time to do so.
Have an alternate source of funds.
- It’s a good idea to take a backup card and a small amount of cash (carried separately from the others).
- When abroad, NEVER let your credit/debit card out of your sight.
- Take precautions to safeguard your cards when not in use.
- It’s also advised that you create a list of all your card and financial institution information (including account numbers and contact information) and store it in a secure place (not in your wallet). Then, if ever your wallet/card is missing or stolen, you can immediately notify the companies.
Protect yourself against overdrafts.
While most members do not overdraw their accounts, unexpected events happen, and consequently, overdrafts do occur. We offer Overdraft Privilege, Overdraft Protection, email/text notifications, and more!
Make sure we have your correct contact information.
If you’re enrolled in Online Banking, log in and click “My Settings.” Then, verify and/or click the “Update” links to make changes. You can also contact us.
Premium Checking Account Holders
Take advantage of travel services that come with our ID Theft Resolution Package.
Why Consider the ID Theft Resolution Package?
- A fraud specialist will provide you with tips based on where you’re traveling, as well as provide you with toll-free country codes and phone numbers. These numbers can be used to get in touch with a fraud specialist directly — in case something goes wrong (such as the loss of passports, birth certificates, credit/debit cards or checks, etc). (If any of these things happen to you, CyberScout® will work to help assure your safe return. They’ll also work with credit bureaus and government agencies to remedy problems following a loss of personal identification.
- If restoration services are needed, a fraud specialist will be there to help with that, too.