December 15, 2015
Tucson, AZ – Vantage West Credit Union, southern Arizona’s largest credit union, awarded $20,000 in charitable holiday grants to deserving organizations that make an impact throughout the Tucson area. As is tradition, Vantage West employees nominate 10 organizations each year that they believe deserve one of the $2,000 grants.
The nomination process calls for employees to nominate organizations they feel have made an impact on the community, themselves or loved ones. The chosen organizations were recognized for their commitment to the local community during Vantage West’s holiday party held on Saturday, Dec. 12.
The following organizations received a $2,000 grant this year as a part of this annual tradition:
- Boys and Girls Clubs of Tucson
- Bridge Rescue for Dogs, Inc.
- Integrative Touch for Kids
- Kairos Prison Ministry International
- Salvation Army
- Steele Children’s Research Center
- Tucson Youth Football and Spirit Federation
- Tucson’s Cause for Canines
- Tu Nidito Children and Family Services
- Vail Education Foundation
The charitable holiday grants are one of many ways Vantage West and its employees give back to the community. Vantage West also supports many year round civic and charitable events both financially and through volunteer support efforts, as well. Each employee is also provided the opportunity to use up to 16 paid hours each year (above and beyond regular paid time off) to volunteer at a nonprofit organization of their choice.