Operating Systems, Software, Browsers, Screen Resolution, etc
Operating Systems & Software
- No restrictions on operating systems
- Adobe Acrobat Reader or Writer – Minimum version 9.x
Our Online Banking platform and vantagewest.org are optimized for use with these certified/recommended browsers/settings. If you use a different browser or setting, you may not be able to take full advantage of all the features of the site.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE) Browsers
– IE 11 is FULLY SUPPORTED.
– IE 10 is SUPPORTED, but with functionality issues
– IE 9 or prior, NOT SUPPORTED
NOTE: To see which version you have, open Internet Explorer. Select “Help” > “About Internet Explorer.”
- Mozilla Firefox Browsers
Versions 33.0+ are FULLY SUPPORTED
- Safari Browsers (for Mac)
– Safari 7 is supported.
– Safari for PC is NOT SUPPORTED
NOTE: By default, it blocks all third-party cookies from being accepted, causing certain parts of Online Banking (ex: Money Management & BillPay) to function incorrectly. In order to prevent this, verify your cookie settings by going to Safari > Preferences (or press the command key plus the comma key) and look at the “Privacy” tab. “Block Cookies” should be set to “Never.”
- Google Chrome Browsers
– Versions 31+ are FULLY SUPPORTED
- Netscape Browsers
NO VERSIONS ARE SUPPORTED
- AOL Browsers
NO VERSIONS ARE SUPPORTED
- 1024 x 768 pixels
Usernames & Passwords
When you enter a password, it’s compared to the passwords we have stored in our secure-data center. If you enter a password incorrectly too many times, your account will be locked until you reset it or you contact us. We record “bad” login attempts to detect suspicious activity (ex: someone trying to guess your password). You play a crucial role in preventing others from logging in to your account.
- Never use passwords that are easy to guess! (ex: birth dates, first names, pet names, addresses, phone numbers, social security numbers, etc.)
- Never reveal your password to another person.
- Periodically change your password.
Forgot Username / Password?
If you forget your username or password, you can reset it by getting a temporary password (this requires set up; see “Reset Usernames & Passwords,” below), visiting a branch, or by contacting us.
Reset Usernames & Passwords
In order to be able to retrieve login information online, you must first configure your personal settings in Online Banking. Here’s how you can save yourself time and frustration (and update your password) in the future.
- Log in to Online Banking.
- Go to “My Settings.”
- Assure you have a current phone number and email address on file.
- Click “Update” to make changes to information.
Computer Safety: What You Can Do
- Use an internet firewall
- Keep your operating system and applications updated
- Use current anti-virus and anti-spyware software
There are some types of software that can perform tasks on your computer — without your consent. Running an anti-spyware utility is just as important as running an anti-virus utility. The presence of spyware on your computer may prevent you from using Online Banking.
Viruses & Malware
Viruses, worms, and Trojan horses are malicious programs that can damage your computer, slow down the Internet, and use your computer to get to your friends, family, and the rest of the web. There are many anti-virus vendors available on the internet.