This message was emailed to Vantage West Members on March 11, 2020. As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to change regularly, we are constantly updating VantageWest.org/HealthAlert with the newest information. We will not be updating this individual post. Please check VantageWest.org/HealthAlert consistently.
As a Member-owned credit union and major Arizona employer, we are committed to keeping you informed during times of looming or actual emergencies such as the current global coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
Although we are not currently experiencing any imminent threat, please rest assured that we have a plan in place to guide us through steps we will take to keep the Credit Union operational in the event that the COVID-19 outbreak becomes an emergency in the areas we serve.
One major step you can take to ensure you are prepared in the unfortunate event that we need to limit access to any of our physical locations, is to verify your online banking credentials are current and functional. This is especially important if you have not recently accessed your account online.
Vantage West continues to monitor developments about COVID-19 to promote the health and safety of our Associates, Members, and communities we serve. Here is a summary of the steps we are taking:
- Ensuring all Credit Union locations have access to health supplies as recommended by health officials.
- Assessing the necessity of business travel and limiting it to areas that don’t pose high risk for exposure to the virus.
- Staying abreast of the latest updates and sharing relevant information on our public website and Associate intranet to keep all parties armed with information.
- Following prevention practices and asking Associates and Members to support the ongoing wellness of themselves and their families as outlined in the “Wellness Guidelines” shared below.
- Cover your mouth and/or use a tissue when you sneeze or cough.
- Maintain at least six feet between you and anyone coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your face, especially eyes, ears, and nose.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and warm water for 20 seconds.
- Consider getting a flu shot if you haven’t already.
- Eat a healthful, nutritious diet, get regular exercise, and plenty of fresh air, and rest to support your immune system.
- Practice stress management techniques to support your wellness.
- If you start to feel ill, contact a medical professional immediately and do not go to work or other public location.
We will keep you informed about any updates pertaining to the COVID-19 outbreak at VantageWest.org/HealthAlert.
If you have any questions or require additional information, please reach out to us at 800-888-7882.