What are your financial goals for this year? What about for this decade?
Maybe you’re saving for a house.
Perhaps you’re paying down debt.
What about saving for college?
Are you calculating for retirement needs or investments?
Regardless of your goals, a great first step is to get an accurate picture of your current situation and define your goal.
There’s a common phrase that says, “Math doesn’t lie.” It’s true – until we know how much we’re making and spending, it’s hard to understand what actions will lead us to financial success.
Vantage West offers free on-demand courses to guide Members through various financial scenarios. We also are proud to share 21 calculators to help you determine your financial position and possible steps forward.
You can check them out here.
When you visit the website, you’ll find these calculators:
- Monthly Budget Tool: Explore your monthly fixed and flexible expenses and identify areas for additional saving.
- Emergency Savings: Discover recommendations for how much to maintain in an emergency fund, in case of job loss or minor emergencies.
- Life Insurance Planning: See whether your current life insurance coverage is enough to cover your dependent’s future expenses.
- Saving for Higher Education: See how far your college savings will go, to estimate additional money you may need to save.
- Student Loan Refinancing: Explore how refinancing your student loans may reduce your total loan payment and/or your monthly payment.
- Mortgage Refinancing: Get a sense of how refinancing your mortgage may help reduce your monthly payments.
- Debt Payoff: Find out how much interest you can save by paying off your debts by comparing different pay-down methods.
- Paying Debt vs. Investing: Deciding whether to invest or pay down a debt? Compare your rate of return to the cost of your debt.
- Growing Your Investment: Estimate how much money you will earn from your investments over time.
- Investing with Your Health Savings Account: See how much money you could earn if you invested the funds in your HSA.
- Your Retirement Lifestyle: Estimate how your lifestyle choices in retirement will affect your expenses.
- Pre-Tax vs. Roth Analyzer: See the differences between pre-tax and Roth retirement savings accounts, to choose which one is best for you.
- Roth Conversion Analyzer: Estimate how much more or less you’d owe in taxes by converting some or all of your retirement account to a Roth.
- Borrowing from Your Retirement Plan: Understand the impact of taking a loan from your retirement accounts.
- Planning for Retirement Expenses: Predict how much money you will need to cover your expenses in retirement.
- Withdrawals Before Retirement: See the impact to your retirement savings of withdrawing money prior to retirement.
- Retirement Account Rollover: Explore options for rolling over or cashing out your retirement account.
- Minimum Required Distributions: Understand when, and how much, you will be required to begin withdrawing from your retirement savings.
- Withdrawals in Retirement: See how annual withdrawals will impact your retirement account, so you know how long your savings should last.
- Budgeting Tool: Budgeting is made easier with this tool that can help you start meeting your financial goals.
- Pension Calculator: Explore how much you can expect to receive from your pension in retirement by looking at your plan type, retirement age, and time at that employer.
Head to the calculator library now and start calculating!